Sunday, March 29, 2015

Physical Computing

     For my presentation I chose Physical Computing.  It's basically building interactive art with software and hardware that respond to the analog world.  In this case people,  for example the Camille Utterback piece we looked at in class (Text Rain).  Virtual and Augmented reality are included in this, but there is also a more traditional arts side to this including works like Danny Rozin's "Mechanical Mirrors" series.  This particular topic is very broad but I'll narrow down the topic a little more during my presentation.  Some of the works I really liked didn't have a specific sub-category that they really fit into, but certainly fit into the the category of Physical Computing.  Maybe we can iron some out in class!

No comments:

Post a Comment